Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Our trip to Petco


My family and I went to a new shopping center on Saturday to see if we could find a new suit for me. The last suit I purchased was back in 1997 before my mission to Canada. The only suit I have left has been with me since 1996. I haven't changed much in the way of size in eleven years. I got my last remaining suit at the late C&R store in San Diego. It was my first suite ever. It still looks good. Well anyway, as I was saying, we went to the new shopping center and visited the new Nordstrom Rack. The suits were nice, but the prices were our of our reach. We dilly dallied for a while and then headed down the shopping center to the Cingular store to look at phones for Jamie. If we are switching over to Cingular for the iPhone then Jamie is going to get a good phone as well. She likes the Treo. On the way to Cingular, we saw Petco and decided to hit it up on the way back. On a side note, Jamie's mom spotted us in the parking lot as we were walking. Random! As we got to Petco, we looked around at all the animals. As we got to the fish section, we noticed some crabs. The first thing I noticed was the fiddler crabs, which are small, and they have strange pincher's. One is gynormous and the other is tiny. Some had the immense claw on the left and other on the right.

Here is some info from wikipedia:
Fiddler crabs live rather brief lives of no more than two years (up to three years in captivity). During courtship, the males wave their over sized claws high in the air and tap them on the ground in an effort to attract females. Fights between other males will also occur, which are presumably meant to impress the females; if a male loses his larger claw, the smaller one will begin to grow larger and the lost claw will regenerate into a new (small) claw. For at least some species of fiddler crabs, however, the small claw remains small, while the larger claw regenerates over a period of several molts, being about half its former size after the first molt.


Fun day.

No comments: